Amandla Stenberg




"End the 'angry black girl' narrative. It's just another attempt to undermine certain perspectives. I have strong opinions. I am not angry."

Most famous for her role of Rue in the Hunger games, Amandla Stenberg is making headlines as she challenges and explores the stereotypes and issues faced by young women of color. 

She has helped to bring the topic of cultural appropriation into mainstream conversations with her school project video "Don't Crop My Cornrows", posted onto her Tumblr in 2014. 
Amandla furthered the discussion, when in 2015, Kylie Jenner posted a photo of herself in cornrows on Instagram. This resulted in a fleeting feud, between the two young women.





















Gracing the cover of Teen Vogue in their September 2015 issue, she tells the Solange Knowles how she learned to love her blackness. 

Follow her here on Instagramand Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet The Author

A girl who finds little things and makes them the center of her life. Books are my universe, and the clothes I wear are not my second skin but, my very flesh.